Veterans Assisted Sports Training (V.A.S.T.)
The Stable Hands V.A.S.T Program is free, no obiligation to attend every session, work-at-your-own-pace program for military veterans. It offers horse-based activities to enhance the recovery from physical, emotional, social, and cognitive struggles that veterans may face in civilian life.
The program seeks to address the following objectives:
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- Increased ability to focus, concentrate and learn
- Greater participation in setting and achieving personal goals
- Increased patience and emotional control
- Improved balance, coordination and awareness
The V.A.S.T. Mission
The mission of the Veterans Assisted Sports Training (V.A.S.T.) Program is to enhance each veteran’s quality of civilian life through equine-assisted training and activity.
How V.A.S.T Can Help
Therapeutic horses are used to assist veterans in gaining self-understanding and emotional growth. V.A.S.T. recognizes the bond between animals and humans, and sees the potential for emotional healing that can occur when a relationship is formed and nurtured.
Core Values of the V.A.S.T Program
- Proven benefits of the horse-human relationship
- Positive physical, emotional and mental fitness
- Shared experience
The V.A.S.T. Program offers veterans a non-judgmental environment in which to build confidence, feel comfortable, and progress at one’s own pace as they seek to adjust to the everyday challenges of civilian life.